Re: Body dimention specs?

Dan Brideau wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> When you go to a frame shop to straighten bent cars, I reccon the
> dude there has some sort of reference that lists critical dimensions
> and their tolerances.  Can we get a copy of one of these?  It would
> a handy reference when shopping for more Sciroccos.
>
> Dan Brideau

Funny you should mention. I don't have exactly what you are asking for
(I'd like a set of specs too) but I was looking through the '81 owner's
manual and it has all kinds of info like length, width, and height
(unladen, nach).

But it's also got weird stuff like overhang front & rear and the ramp
angle. This is the angle at which a sudden ramp would scrape the car
(for want of a simpler explanation).

Mk1 Ground Clearance? 4.76"/134mm.

The front view looks like the the tires are 120 mm or some thing, if
that. Must be snow tires. :)

BTW- There was a thread sometime back re increasing the rear track to
widen the rear stance. Turns out the stock front is 54.7"/1390mm vs rear
53.5"/1358mm.

I remember Pop's Citroen (FWD too) had a narrower rear track (kinda like
a fish).

Hmmm,
TBerk