RE: 16V Scirocco (tranny blow up)

-----Original Message-----
From: Snow, Jason
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 1999 1:43 PM
To: '16v Jason'
Subject: RE: 16V Scirocco (tranny blow up)

And furthermore, I think that OJ was innocent, hows that for a war...You
guys are the most technical group I have met, and that's the reason I am on
the list. At first when I read the origional message, I thought, Damn, I
must be really screwing up my car...Then others said BS it's ok to
downshift. Now I am making a descicion to keep doing what I am doing, and
not get so uptight about it. I can't describe to you exactly what my actions
are into and out of a curve, but this is what I do, a curve approaches, I
downshift to 4th, maybe 3rd. or second (depends on what curve) and I use the
gas the entire time around a curve, accelerating (not slowing down) in and
out of the curve. In my original message all I meant was there has been a
few occations when I knew (my spider senses were tingling) that I was going
way to fast to make it, afraid of locking my brakes, I downshifted and hung
on...I don't know how to explain it, we just become one with are cars and
know what we can and can't do. I don't know what I do sometimes, I just do
it and it works for me...About the OJ thing (NOT)....By the way anyone wanna
help me replace all my broken mounts (HEHE)...