Re: steering wheel

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Mike wrote:

> Would a wheel from our sciroccos fit a beetle? Is there an adapter to do it?

I once took a beetle wheel and drilled the rivets that held it to the hub
adapter (stock early 70's Super Beetle) and bolted it to a hub adapter
from an 1980 Rabbit that I had done the same thing to.  The holes from
the steering wheel to the hub adapter were the same, it was just the
splines on the steering column that were different.  You may find the same
to be true for the Scirocco wheel... depending on the year of the beetle,
I expect.

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca