Scirocco owner now Scirocco driver

As a long-time VW owner and a Scirocco owner for about 18 months, I'm
pleased to say that I am now a Scirocco driver!  My 1984 Mars orange - er
- I mean RED - Wolfsburg edition Scirocco passed its safety inspection
with flying colours and is back on the road.  This signifies the end of a
drawn-out project which involved a ground up mechanical workover on the
car, and a powerplant transplant from my now retired 84 GLI.

The car is far from complete - requiring a stereo install and a few
miscellaneous cosmetics (not to mention a new paint job!) but is now
mechanically sound reliable transportation (at least that's what I told my
wife!).

It's already a hit as a 'family car': my not-quite two-year old son helped
me to install the anchor bolt for his child seat on Saturday - in between
passing me drills & wrenches he would exclaim "Rocco!" with a funny gleam
in his eye...  I couldn't get the seat strapped in fast enough for his
first ride... :)  Last night my wife had her first turn behind the
wheel...  After a few grumbles about having to adjust the seat (I'm 6 feet
tall and have it reclined into the back hatch so I can wear a hat while
driving... :) ) she said "It's very nice to drive..."  and suggested that
she should take it to work "some day", leaving me with her 99 TDI Jetta...
!!!

After having driven it myself I can now say that I know what you folks
have been talking about all along - man, this car ROCKS!!!!!!!

Already I'm on the lookout for another.... :)

Drew
84 Wolfsburg kind of stock* 1.8 8V

* the parts are all stock - just not necessarily for that model... :)

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca