UPDATE: Portland Scirocco Cruise-Out

Hi there!   **Ben here**

    Portland, Oregon Cruise-Out info:
    Just to keep you up to date:

    Cruise Date:  October 2, 1999 - THIS SATURDAY - 9:30am

    Cruise Meeting place:  Montgomery Wards Auto Center parking lot - Jantzen
    Beach - Portland, Oregon

    An overview of the day's events as well as directions are as follows:

    1.  Did everyone who plans on attending get the change in plans
concerning the meeting place?  We are NOT meeting where originally planned:
the Safeway parking lot by Lloyd Center that is...  WE ARE NOW MEETING AT THE
MONTGOMERY WARDS AUTO CENTER IN JANTZEN BEACH.  It is much easier to find!!

    2.  9:30am is the meeting time, however we will be hanging around for
about an hour or so.

    3.  When we leave, we will head out on I-84 Eastbound for about 45
minutes or so until we reach Multnomah Falls.  We will or will not hike up
it.  We may not.  Bring your hiking footwear anyhow... and anything you want
to eat during the day.  We won't be stopping for food.

    4.  After the falls and a few photo ops, etc... you know the drill, we
will head back to Portland for a nice, reasonably brief drive through a nice
network of tightly winding wooded roads.  I plan on leading a relatively
conservative drive through these roads as most, if not all of you may be
unfamiliar with them - some turns are VERY tight and VERY unpredictable.
Some portions of the drive will see more traffic than others as some of the
drive is rural residential <--- Kind of a respect thing as far as that goes.
Plus some of our, shall we say "less endowed" cars may not be able to keep up
with other Formula 16v Sciroccos! :)  :)

    5.  There is a killer old train tressel (late nineteenth century -
unused) that would be good for photo-op - we may or may not swing by there -
depends on how things go.

    6.  We will end up at the Rock Creek Tavern, the coolest little "middle
of nowhere" place I have ever been, at which time bier and massive food
consumption will occur.  Minors not to worry as the cutoff time to be in the
tavern for y'all is 10:00pm... MUCH MUCH later than I plan on being there!!!
:)  This will be the conclusion of the cruise-out.

    Directions for the meeting place are as follows:

    From the North (Seattle, B.C., etc.)

- Follow Interstate 5 South across the I-5 bridge over the Columbia River
into Portland.
- You will want to take the VERY 1st exit - exit 308 that is.
- The offramp will curve to the right at the end of which Montgomery Wards
the Department store will be staring you straight in the face.  Off to your
right will be The Montgomery Wards Auto Center.  It is somewhere easily
visible in that parking lot that we will be meeting.
-  In the unlikely event that the Auto Center employees are pricks and kick
us out, which I really doubt... In other words if you get there and don't see
us, take a brief roll through surrounding parking areas and look for Roccos
as we would be then meeting VERY close by.
-  I will post a cell#  to the list that you can call in the next couple of
days or so.  9:30am is the time... I will be there a little early - Ben - 88
Flash Silver Metallic 16v w/ teardrops

Directions for you coming from the South:

- Take Interstate 5 North to the last exit before crossing the I-5 bridge,
exit 308.  When at the bottom of the offramp, take a left and eventually
curve back under the freeway to the following light.  Go straight and the
mall will be off to your left as will the Montgomery Wards Auto Center.
-  Again, in the VERY unlikely event that the auto center employees are
pricks and kick us out, take a quick drive through surounding parking areas
as we will DEFINETELY be meeting very closeby.
-  I will post a cell# in the next day or so that you can call on Sat. with
any questions, troubles, etc.

Will see you there!!!!!!!!

Ben
88 16v Scirocco