Re: Engine stuff

>What sort of difficulty is involved in replacing the engine of a Mk II? I've
>seen lots of discussions aboutit on the list, but I'm wondering just what it
>entails. I'm extremely inexperienced as far as mechanical stuff goes, so I'm
>very curious about these things.
>
>~Nate
>
>P.S.: Is there a FAQ for this kind of thing?

It can be simple or hard...I should probably write an FAQ on this
actually (like I should do a lot of different things).  If you really are
as inexperienced as you say, IMHO, an engine swap is not for you until
you get some experience.   If possible, perform all the other maintainance
on your vehicle as practice:  brake jobs, brake lines, tune ups, clutch,
CV joints, wheel bearings, suspension, electrical...the usual. :-)  An
engine swap is like many maintainance jobs all at done at the same time.

==Brett