Re: Sliding roof handle: hanging.

On Sun, 26 Sep 1999, Elias Glavinas wrote:

> Well, my roof works, but the handle has somehow missed some retaining
> clip, and it hangs, so I am not able to push it up and have it stay in
> place after the roof has been opened/closed. It looks to me like there was
> a simple U shaped piece of wire in there that allowed this. Any easy fixes
> for this, or do I have to go to junkyards and look for one?
>
> Eric, what are the decent yank-it-out-yourself junkyards in the
> Denver-Boulder area?

Blakes Small Car Salvage in Erie is the best junkyard in the are, they
kick ass, not a ton of VW content, but plenty enough, 3 or 4 mk1s and a
couple mk2s a bunch of A2 stuff...email me privately and I'll get you
directions on how to find them...was actually thinking of heading out
there tomorrow, I need a little vacuume valve off of an AC equipped car,,,

Eric