Re: Autometer Tach?

At 07:12 AM 9/26/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Because I just want to know where the engine is runnin' at. Gotta take care
>of my car... only got one and if something breaks, I am fucked. :D
>Tyler

  But do you really want to try to read a tach? Would a programmable shift
light be more what you are looking for? That way you could just st it
before the run, and know that when it turns on, you're at whatever RPM you
set it for. Much easier to decipher than a tach, you don't have to keep an
eye on it like a tach. When the light turns on, you will see it. Or if you
bought an adjustable rev limiter, you could set it for whatever RPM you
wanted to keep below for the day, and not have to worry about it.

  The only reason I could see getting one of those tachs would be for the
logging/playback capability that some have. The ability to play back the
run is pretty cool.

Brad