Re: my oxygen sensor light's on

That is an excellent idea, and I plan on doing that on my '79 Scirocco.
The problem is that I haven't found a plastic "clip-on" one piece speedo
cable that will fit a '87 Scirocco 16V instrument panel..
If you have, can you let me know the part no. or application.
The original threaded speedo cable will fit into the 2Y transaxle, if I
change the gear to a red one, but it won't connect to the 16V speedo.
The car has a complete '87 Scirocco 16V electrical system, that is the
biggest reason why I'm using the 16V instrument panel, so I can plug it
right in.
Secondary reasons would be; 140MPH speedo, 7K+ tach, and MFI.

What year Scirocco do you have?

Btw, on the '83-84 Rabbits the O2 gear counter can hang up the odometer
and prevent the wheels from turning, so it makes even more sense to
remove it on that car. Either way it is an unecessary part, as far as I'm
concerned.
If you could change the counter from 60K to 3K it could be used to remind
you to change your oil. : ^ )

Thanks,
Peter