Re: 2.0 16V Turbo

----- Original Message -----
From: Aaron Ness <Aaron@makuta.com>
To: 'scirocco' <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 1999 11:15 AM
Subject: RE: 2.0 16V Turbo

> Is there anything to be gained from decreasing the CR so you can raise the
> boost?  Seems to me you would end up with the same effective compression
> ratio as you have now with higher natural compression and less boost.  The
> hp curve would have a steeper slope, but only because you're not making
> power until the higher rpms, like Gary mentioned

    The advantage is gained by the larger combustion chambers of a lower C/R
engine. With a low C/R turbomotor, you can have all the high C/R created by
the turbo, plus the larger combustion chamber, resulting in more gas being
burnt, resulting in more horsepower.

Plus, the engine can use a cheaper starter and battery...

-Noah
-83 16v Cabbie
-83 Turbo Rocco
-87 8v GTI