From: Majordomo [mailto:majord@neubayern.net]On Behalf Of Dennis
Harrelson
Sent: Friday, September 24, 1999 4:59 PM
To: scirocco-L@scirocco.org
Subject: intro to list & dumb question

Hi, list
I subscribed to this list last week, after buying a _pristine_ 88 16V,
hoping to learn lotsa stuff. The 'Rocco is for my son, who attends Ohio
State, but I had a hard time letting him take it after having it for a
couple of days to myself. Well, sorry to say, it lasted less than an
hour in the big city. He parked on the street, and returned to find it
sideswiped. :(  Now for the question:
The damage includes the electric mirror, and I've found one in the local
junk yard, but I couldn't figure out how to get the door panel off. Is
the window crank held on with a "c" clip, like american cars, or
something else? Also,when I removed a philips screw from the armrest, it
seemed like something was still fastened. Is there some trick I'm
missing? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dennis Harrelson