Re: Stock wheel size

The standard "S" wheel for 1981 is the same as the
standard Scirocco wheel for 1981 is the same as the
standard Scirocco wheel for 1980 is the same as the
standard Scirocco wheel for 1979 is the same . . . as
the standard Scirocco wheel for 1975.

VW offered optional wheels that you list below.

This is my stance until somebody shows me a window
sticker listing any alloy as standard.

Technically speaking, steel rims were standard
equipment on all U.S. Sciroccos, with the alloys being
"optional" - you will see this on the original window
stickers of Sciroccos (which several of my friends
have). This were jokingly referred to as standard
"optional" by the press of the time.

So maybe we are all wrong!  ;-)

I don't mean to be a pain but the 1981 Scirocco S
models on I looked at on the showroom floor and the
1981 Scirocco S that I bought in 1985 came with 13X5J
45mm offset rims.