Re: Rear disc conv. - performace upgrade

Its not that the rear rotors are any larger than the Scirocco 16v disks, its that the later rotors are bigger than the stock scirocco 8v rotors.  >From what I understand, you don't need the some of the things you need when swapping from stock drums to rear disks.  Some of these you don't need when going to larger rear drums are (I think):

rear stub axle from 16v
new wheel bearings
calipers
caliper carriers
larger master cylinder form 16v
larger brake booster from 16v
don't need to switch brake lines from 16v
don't need new hand brake lines from 16v

In the end, the swap is less involved.  Perhaps someone who has done this swap should chime in.  I am recalling all of this information from an informal chat I had w/ Potterman a while back when I was considering doing a rear disk conversion (back when I had my 8v).

Victor

>>> "Scott F. Williams" <sfwilliams@worldnet.att.net> 09/22 9:03 AM >>>
Why would the rear rotors off an A2 be an easier swap? And what makes you think that they are any larger than the disks from a Scirocco 16v? They're all (still?) 8.9" as far as I know...

--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut