A/C

Hey,

Ok, I think I fixed my hot-air-from-center-vents-when-a/c-on problem. I
pulled off the retaining clip and made a minor adjustment to my heater
valve cable, then popped the clip back on. Looks like that was the
problem, not positive yet though.

The next problem is that the A/C still doesn't work! I don't think the
compressor clutch is even engaging, but im not sure. I need to get more
time to work on this so i can clean more grounds and wires, etc. and see
if the clutch is getting power.

My main question was (sorry for taking so long to get to it): where is the
sight glass for the A/C on 16V sciroccos? Ye Olde Bentley Manuel says its
inline with a/c plumbing from the condenser (in front of the radiator),
but I see nothing, only two pressure switches, then it dips back behind
the p/s fluid resevoir and the window washer tank and pump. Surely someone
in here knows where it is...i want to find out if it dumped its
refrigerant or something else is broken (hopefully) that would be easier
(and cheaper) to fix.

heh.

-Toby

...my a/c will be completely fixed about the time snow starts falling on
the ground....

--
'87 Flash Silver Metallic Scirocco 16V