Re: need help soon!

--- "Foxx (in a box)" <iraldly@otterbein.edu> wrote:
>   on the way home today i noticed my oxs light was coming
> on whenever i
> took my foot off the pedal and let it idle. i also
> noticed that my
> voltmeter was reading about 12v (it usually runs about
> 13v or so). i
> revved the engine a couple of time, but no avail. i
> switched off
> everything electrical but still no help. a minute or so
> later i saw my
> voltmeter needle wagging back and forth between 12v and
> 15v. a few
> seconds later it stopped and then dropped back down to
> 12v. anyone help?
> i just replaced the battery a week ago. thanx.

I'm gonna guess it's the voltage regulator - they do funny
things like that when they die.  Just replace that instead
of the whole alternator and you should be fine.

===
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco
'81 Rabbit Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry