RE: Rear disc conv.

Actually, I think you are on the right track. If
people simply make sure that the brake system works in
the first place, they might be surprised.

On Kristen's '78, the brakes were crappo when we
bought it, so I did the following:

New Master Cylinder
Upgraded front brakes to KH calipers and carriers.
Installed new ATE Power Discs (vented)
Upgraded rear brakes to self adjusting drums.
Bled the brakes.

The car's brakes are excellent. Easy to modulate,
little fade.