Re: Starter wiggin' out

I agree with Chris.  It sounds like your solenoid is sticking.  In the
morning, when it's cold, the grease in the solenoid is thick and sticky.
This causes it to stick.  You probably noticed it's sometimes is a little
slow to engage in the morning, sticky solenoid.  As you drive, everything
warms up and the problem goes away.  As the weather is cooling off now,
you'll probably see this happen more often.  I took my starter off and took
apart the solenoid, cleaned and re-greased it and no problems since.  BTW
this is my original starter and the only thing I've done to it is clean the
solenoid(over 10 years ago).
GL.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco