Re: Manifolds for the performance exhaust

--- marcelo pronto <marcelop@teletext.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> What do u guys do about manifolds (4into1) do u know
> where to get
> performance outlet manifolds or do u attach ur
> freeflows to the standard
> jobs? I have noticed that jetex is widely used but
> they dont supply a
> manifold(as far as i have seen at least) , the only
> manufacturer i found
> that had a manifold too was Magnex who make a
> complete kit for the golf
> mk1 which leaves me 100mm's short at the end.
>
> Any comments?
> Marcelo Pronto
> '86 GT 1.8
=========
Most people on the list ditch the 4-1 manifold for the superior 4-2 VW
manifold. In the U.S., this (4-2) came on earlier A1 cars (up to 1981
Scirocco).

Since you are in europe, you should be able to get the superior euro
version of the 4-2 manifold. It has stouter studs than the U.S.
version. This must be used with a good down-pipe. The factory GTi
downpipe associated with this manifold works well.

If you need part numbers, I can supply. A junkyard may yield good
results on these parts.

HTH

===
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Free: Dual outlet A1 manifold - nds studs (in MD)