Re: Elusive Squeaking

In a message dated 9/18/99 12:10:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
kat1127@hotmail.com writes:

<< Okay, I've got yet another question.  On my way home last night, I noticed
 squeaking eminating from underneath my hood.  I was in neutral when I first
 noticed it, but it continued as I shifted gears etc.  I haven't noticed it
 back today (yet), but I am not looking forward to its return.  Any ideas on
 what the noise might be?

 Also, any ideas on quick, temporary fixes for a noisy exhaust?  I intend to
 replace it entirely, soon as I have the money, but in the meantime, the
 noise is driving me nuts.  I just replaced the manifold, muffler, and their
 respective gaskets too :(!

 Happy Driving....

 Kirsten Jensen
 Black '79 Scirocco (Shocky Jr.) >>

I have had a similar problem...It seams that when I excellerate moderate-hard
just after shifting I get a squeal...I also have a clunking noise around the
front right wheel area under the same situation as above and some
others...any ideas?