Callaway Scirocco

I just joined the list b/c I'm thinking of buying an '80 Callaway Scirocco I
found for sale. Its in a friend of mine's home town and he's going to check
it out this weekend and see if its worth it for me to make the drive to check
out. Anyway, its got 113K on it and has different springs and swaybars. I
think its pretty stock besides that. Turbo Tim at New Dimensions said most of
the Callaway Scirocco's were the MkII's and that an Mk1 would be rare. Does
anyone else on the list have one of these cars? Can you give me some insight
on what the maintenance is like on one of these?

My current car is a 96 GTI VR6 w/lots of modifications, so this would be a
project car.

Thanks,
Philip