scirocco sightings

So had a couple of notable sightings lately. Yesterday
(sunday) I saw one sweet MK1. It was on the 880 in
Oakland and was an 80-81 S model. Was all stock and
driven by a middle aged gent with a baby seat in the
pass seat. THe color was that light blue/grey metallic
and the car was mint! Had the original S spoiler on
front and CA blue plates. The guy was enjoying the car
from the look on his face. (I was OF COURSE driving
the truck :( so he was clueless why I was giving him a
thumbs up)

And then tonight driving on the Bay bridge from San
Fran back to Oakland I saw what has to be the dirtiest
MK2 I have seen in my life. It was so sweet just the
same. This beast was head to toe mud and baby did it
have bondo. Again I was in my truck (got to stop
driving that thing), and he was driving so slow (well
compared to me).

Also I dusted an Eclipse the other day. An older one
but he was driving fast just the same. There is this
one section  between the bridge and the Freeway where
there is a series of lights and then a 90 left and
then a 90 right to the freeway. Well the first light
he got me (was not ready/did not know he wanted to
play) Then I got a good car length ahead at the next.
I eased back because I won and don't really need to go
that fast on that street. Took it easy on the last
before the turns and I dusted him in the turns. He was
with me up till the end and he chickened out at the
last moment and almost stopped before turning. I was
making the ending the next turn before he finished the
first. Felt real good.

I love my car.

Enjoy your scirocco.

===