Re: Scirocco II seats fit in a A1 GTI?

-- Macsek <scirocco@freemail.c3.hu> wrote:

> >Will Scirocco II seats fit in a A1 GTI?
> >Yes.
> >Mark Peele
>
> I tried to swap the seats of my 87 16V & 78 GLi.
> That was unsuccesful, 'casuse one of the seats does
> not fit to the other car.
> They made a modification at the long positioning
> metal part in the bottom
> which has the holes.
>
> bye: Macsek
===================
MK2 Scirocco seats will fit into a MK1 Scirocco, but not vice versa.
MK2 seats in a MK1 mean either a mild "rocking" due to the taller
center rail or a mild modification to eliminate this.

Many on the list (including myself) have done this.

===
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
FOR SALE: NEUSPEED 22MM front bar with NEW hardware $90
Free: Dual outlet A1 manifold - nds studs (in MD)