Hood Foam

Hi All,

I found a method to getting that foam and adhesive from the underside of the
hood.  3M makes an adhesive and grease remover that works like magic.  My
guy from VW gave me a can and I did half of my hood in about 3 hours
yesterday without having to remove the hood.  I just pulled the foam (it
practically fell off on its own), then sprayed this stuff on the glue (it's
an aerosol), and scraped it with a plastic putty knife.  Then I hit it with
some wax for good measure.  This 3M stuff also cleaned years of
discoloration from the inside of the hood as well and it wont harm the paint
(as long as it's not lacquer).  Today I tackle the rest :\

- Jan Folkson

'86 16V
'99 Passat 1.8T

  \\\|///