Re: no reverse lights

Foxx (in a box) wrote:

>   okay, fellas, here's one for ya'. i haven't had reverse lights for,
> oh, about a year now. what's wrong? oh, the transmission switch? well, i
> got one in the mail today that is supposedly good. however, after
> installing it in my car, i still have no lights. i was hoping that daun
> might be good enough to test if for me as he's the one that i've seen
> lives closest to me, but i don't have his e-mail (daun, if you're out
> there buddy, please send an e-mail my way). anyway, if the switch checks
> out okay, then anyone have a clue as to what might be wrong? thanx.

   Here is how I would check it:

  1) make sure fuse is not blown
  2) check to make sure bulbs work (try them in the blinker position)
  3) check to make sure that with Ignition on, one of the wires that
     goes to the backup switch has power using a voltmeter or some sort
     of other device, perhaps a bulb.
  4) if one of them has power, put jumper wire from that one to the
     adjacent wire.  If you still have no lights there is a problem
     with the wiring from the switch to the back of the car.  Check
     with Bentley as to where the connections are, that is if you have
     a Bentley.
  5) using meter, check continuity of the wire between various spots to
     find where the open circuit is.
  6) if all else fails, or if it goes well, relax with a good dark
porter or stout, or both!  =p