Re: Wiper question

Timothy A Reed wrote:

>  This time after several minutes, it went half way and
> intermittantly tried to move but couldn't for some reason.  After driving
> like this for a while, I put it back on the left.  It now intermittantly
> tries to move but cannot.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Might this
> be an easy fix?  Should I seek legal counsel?

You ARE legal counsel, aren't you??  :?

My brand spankin' new '83 GTI was delivered with the exact condition
you describe.. the problem was stripped splines on the wiper arm (on
a BRAND new car??  Harbinger of more QC problems to come unfortunately).
Pull the wiper arm off and see if that's all it is.  Probably not worth
going through a hassle with the car wash over it (unless you enjoy
those kind of jousts as some do).

Good luck..

-kc-
'99 GTI GLX