Re: 2.0 L Block for 16V?

Bill.Scarince@tenneco-automotive.com writes:

<< Like Christian Els, I'm new to the list, just bought a Scirocco (88), &
plan to
 pull the engine/transaxel and go through it completely.  My question: I've
heard
 and read about the 2.0 block that will (almost) bolt into the car and fit the
 existing 16V head.  Since I'll have it all apart, it seems like this would be
 the time to do the swap.  What models is this 2.0 L block from?  What's the
 downside of doing this exchange (besides more $)?

 Any info would be great.  Thanks.

90-? Passats, 92 and up GTI's.  No downside to more horse power,more torque.
Like you said the only downside is the cost.

Matt
currently doing a 2.0 swap.  ( well a shop is )