From: Ben Patterson [mailto:bpatterson@stanford.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 1999 1:03 PM
To: scirocco-L@scirocco.org
Subject: The Poor Man's Recaro

Hey all -

	A while back Pei Chung Ting dropped a post about stiffening
the back support on the stock seats in his 88' 16v by pulling the
seat, pulling the upholstery and installing a Taco Bell tray in the
sucker. We hit Toxic Hell last night, committed 2 insignificant
misdemeanors and stuck em in my seats. Gol durn if the things didn't
help a ton. Waaaaay better lower back support and it cost me nothing
(although if the Federales catch up to me I might have to do some
community service or work the fryer at the Bell for a month or so.)
He said you guys all laughed at him.... shame on ya. May your spines
wither in your chairs for knocking the dude - I'll take my poor man's
recaro any day over the way it was before. Heh heh....

			Ben Patterson 86' 16v