RE: Torque steer from hell

Hi Scott,

Very interesting! How much damage did the pile of rocks do?

Mine was hit from the front by another car at about 15 degrees. It missed
the indicator, and went in about six inches along the front wing. As the
wings on both cars collapsed the front tyres met. My car was large, heavy,
and stationary with the handbrake on - his was small, light, and was
travelling at about 30mph. Basically his front wheel drove up mine, and
flipped his car on its roof! All that happened to mine was that the wishbone
was almost folded in two (even the alloy was ok!). I replaced the wishbone
and the wing, and it seemed fine until I really started driving it again,
when I noticed the problem.
Strangely, though, when I was changing the wishbone, the old one came out
easily, the new one went in easily, and the lower strut brace went straight
on again, which suggested that nothing else was bent.
Bizarre!

What are these 'camber plates' you mention? I've not heard of these
before...

Mike