Scirocco: High Octane Fuels

> There's a Sunoco down the street from my new house that sells 100
> octane "racing gas".
> Will I abandon my plans for knock sensors on my 1981 and 1982
> Sciroccos?
> NO! This gas is a cool $2.9999 per gallon (cheap for you euro listers!)

It is my experience that Sunoco Ultra 94 gets both worse performance and worse
gas mileage then any other high octane fuel I have tried. I prefer Amoco
Ultimate for my Scirocco where I routinely get 27+ MPG and decent performance.

-Marc

'74 VW Thing Beige, http://getty.net/thing/ FOR SALE in Philly PA
'81 VW Jetta Diesel gone to the scrap heap after 178,000 miles
'84 VW Jetta GLi SLC with only 164,275 miles
'87 VW Scirocco Red 16 Valve with 165,100 Miles, just got it on 7/2/99