Re: Fwd: Re: Broken trip reset fix?

** Reply to note from Michael Barry <mbarry@pookastew.com> Mon, 6 Sep 1999 18:20:31 -0400

> Tarnished mirrors, I have those too. Both left and right. I'd love to
> replace them, they each have about 2 square inches of decent glass left.
> They're the automatic ones.

  Mine are also the remote electric ones, heated.

  I called a dealer to enquire how much the glass would cost: CAN $65 for
the left one, CAN $75 for the right one. I said no, I only need the glass,
they laughed and said yes, that is for the glass alone. For the complete
unit, it would be CAN $650 for the left, CAN $750 for the right one.

  So I went to a window & glass cutter. Since neither him nor me could
figure out how to remove that model, he went to the parking lot, made a
template, cut tinted 1/8 mirror and siliconed it on top of the old one.

  For CAN $12 each ...

  Now I can stop looking over my shoulder :-)

        Jean-Claude
        ICQ: 47403427