Re: Frozen odometer

In a message dated 9/6/99 11:57:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
andreb@maxwell.ee.washington.edu writes:

<<    Hey Stephen, welcome to the list.  I too am in Seattle, er Kirkland
 which is close enough.  Me and a bunch of other rocco owners (mostly
 Mk2) get together every once in a while for a tech day, a day where we
 all work on cars or help each other.  Might be a good time to take a
 look at that odo problem cuz my guess is that it is this one little tiny
 gear on the end of the odometer shaft that is either busted or slipping.
 Anyways, if a "tech day" sounds interesting to you, I will invite you
 next time.  Other listers that are in the area include

  Tim Ebling (16v Mk2)
  Jared Erlandson (8v Mk2)
  Bradley Peet (16v Mk2 turbo - arriving soon )
  Jason Rowsell (16v Mk2 - kinda antisocial guy)
  Emile Draper (1.8l 8v Mk1)
  Chris DeLong (1.8l 16v Mk1 - carbed)
  Andy Murphy (1.9l 8v Mk1)
  Kirsten Jensen (1.6l Mk1)
  Adrienne ???? (8v Mk2)
  me (1.6l Mk1)

 Others who show up but arent on the list include

  Chris Cramer (8v Mk2)
  Chris Keister (16v 2.0l Mk2)
  Eric ??? (8v Mk2 - MINT CAR!!)
  Jason Rinne (16v Mk2)
  Gene Fulmer (2.0l 8v Mk1)

 Let me know if you are interested in getting together for a tech day, or
 even for going out for beers as us Scirocco folks do from time to time. >>

Wow! I didn't know there were that many Rocco's in Seattle...I would love to
join in for a Tech day...And as for the beers I would also love to...Err i'm
only 16 though...I saw a couple sooped up rocco's the otehr day...Dont
remember what they looked like though...Mine is an 8v black w/ red emblems
and smoked tail lights...and tinted windows...If you see me hollar or
something...Whats yours look like?