e-brake breaks

my e-brake broke!!
Well, heres what happened....

I parked my car in a parking lot, and pulled up my e-brake. When i wanted to leave, my e-brake was jammed up. So I attempted to loosen it, and ended up pulling the whole assembly apart. I looked down and saw that that the mounting area for the e-brake was bent over. well, I drove home with it apart and bent it back to place and put everything back, but I think its on slightly. I did a roll stop test and it didnt turn out bad. I drove it around awhile to see if the drums heated up unusually hot, but it wasnt bad.

The thing is, ive got two different color brake cables, im guessing the guy before me screwed around with it and put a jetta cable in there (he put in jetta seats and I was hitting my head). Theyre not only different colors though, but slightly different lengths. Thats how it bent out of shape I assume, from being pulled on one side further than the other.

Either way, is this fixable or am I gonna hafta suffer? or just get a new car? if that, then is anyone selling a scirocco 2 in the massachusetts area, with a good body and cheap?

thanks
~cory

Do You Yahoo!?
Bid and sell for free at Yahoo! Auctions.