oil cooler/oil heat exchanger combo?

Guys, as I mentioned before, I just picked up a euromarket-only
thermostatted oil cooler set up. The thermostat is actually in the
filter mount, ergo there is no sandwich plate anywhere. I'm thinking
that it might be a cool idea to combine the stock oil heat exchanger
sandwich plate with this unit during the winter time for quicker warm
ups. Then, once the oil is nice n' hot, the air to oil cooler will keep
the temperatures in the ideal range.

Yeah, the two of them might be "fighting" each other a little bit after
warm up, but during the winter time this should never be a problem. Or,
at least this is my theory. Can anyone come up with a reason why this
would not be a good idea. I'm not really worried about the heat
exchanger leaking oil into my coolant system (or vice-versa), so
anything other than that?
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut