Re: Frozen odometer

In a message dated 9/6/99 10:07:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time, sclark13@aye.net
writes:

<< Yesterday on the way back from visiting an out of town friend my
 odometer just quit working. >>

I can't believe it just now stopped working, your lucky it lasted this long.
Mine quite 4 years ago.  I would bet that 70% of list members do not have a
working OD. or have gotten a broken one fixed.  I think the magic mileage is
75,000 miles before they quit that is what mine is stuck on.  From what I
have heard there is a little plastic gear behind the numbers that either
fractures or becomes loose not allowing the numbers to turn. ONe of these
days I will fix it.  It just seems like a major pain in the ass to do
especially that I have to get past all my alarm crap and wires to get the
panel out.

Brian 86 16v