my roc toasted a honda civic the other day

I whooped a kid in a civic dx the other day. he had some rims on there
and some exhaust i couldnt even see under the car, it sounded like a
cheap motorcycle. well, for all of you who are bored, i'll tell you all
the details...

First of all, my car was bought for $500 and is kind of a beater, so i
dont expect much from it.

I was driving on a two lane section of the highway and there was this
civic and a minivan driving side by side, the minivan started to speed
up, so i moved into theyre lane. Then i saw the civic speed up. this
got me perturbed because im an impatient teenage driver and he was
purposely trying to block me from passing.

Well we came to a stop light a quarter mile down the road. I got behind
him because I thought he might be first off the line, but he went as
slow as ever.  My right foot got heavy and my left foot light. My tires
spun ALOT, but he was still to close ahead of me, so i stepped back on
the clutch. I saw him look in the rear view and he tried to speed up. I
was only rolling along so I left it in 1st and nailed it, screeched my
tires and I accelerated like mad. I passed him close to 80 and he was
doing about 60. I pulled into his lane and stopped at the next light.

Now at this light the road turns to go into another highway, also two
lane. He pulled up next to me and the light turns green, i heard his
tires squeal so i shot off. I had the inside of the turn, but he was
ahead of me, so when we straightened out we were just about even. Then
I put it in 2nd and nosed ahead of him. 3rd and i shot off leaving him
in the dust. IT WAS GREAT! i didnt think my car was even capable of
that, but it was fun anyway. :)

~cory

BTW, i looked at the doorjamb in my car, for a weight rating it said
2998lbs, alot heavier than all of you have said, right?