Re: Was Rocco Top Speed, now Cement Filled Yugo Physics Discussion

In a message dated 9/2/99 3:25:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time, jarrett@rpa.net
writes:

<< >However, the lighter one has a lower terminal velocity... so it would stop
 >accelerating at some point (if facing downward probably somewhere around
 >130mph), but the other one would continue accelerating to a higher velocity.

 Ok, I may be missing something here, but isn't 130mph terminal
 velocity for the average human being?  I haven't seen the formula to
 see if mass has anything to do with it.......seems strange that a car
 and a person would accelerate to the exact same speed... >>

There did that help you understand this is all hypothetical :)