Re: '81 still won't start.

Are you using the Motronic or 16v rocco computers?
Mine did this too until I switched the point at which I connected my power to
the (scirocco 16v) computers .
 At first I used the stock hook-up that went to my jetronic box . (car is a
CA model ) When it didnt work I checked it out by hooking up my voltmeter and
cranking it over, with key in "on" position I would get power but when I
activated the starter power was interrputed . When I hooked it up to a relay
she fired right up .

Jasin
"80" 16v