16v tranny/motor/something problem!

List,
	Last night while I was driving right outside my apartment complex my
car started doing strange things. this ticking sound became apparent, and it
is at the same speed as the engine (I.E. when I rev it to 2k the sound goes
up and so forth). Also every 5ft or so at about 10mph the car would slow
down like something was keeping it from moving, it almost felt like the
trans was locking up, but the idle stayed the same, and I think if it were
motor related that it would affect the motor as in like drop the idle or
stall it. Also I just went home at lunch to take a look underneath the car
and there was a puddle of oil, that kind of smelled like gear oil but it
wasnt much. Also I know my car does not leak motor oil like that. Any
suggestions, tips, info, criticism, and donations in mass amounts of
ibuprofen are apprecciated. Thanks,
								Gary Huff

``If builders built houses the way programmers built programs, the first
woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization''.
- Gerald P. Weinberg