Re: Saab 16v distributor on VW 16v?

At 09:39 AM 9/1/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Guys, following is Todd Sager from Air & Water Enterprise's response to our
>debated Saab 16v distributor issue. In a nutshell he says that it is a no
go...

Even if the advance is entirely in the ECU, and not the distributor like
TOdd said(sounds right to me), you may get some benefit from a Saab dist,
assuming it fits. If the Saab dist has timing window with a different
length(in rotational degrees), this may very well give you a few degrees
advance at higher RPMs. Or depending on how the ECU code is written, it may
give advance at all RPMs. But it would be advanced by a fixed amount, and
non adjustable. And if the window is shorter than stock, it may give retard
instead of advance.

Brad