Re: recommended 185/60/14 tires?

For a good, inexpensive all season tire, I swear by the D60 A2's.  My
Jetta has them (different size.  175/70-13 back when they still had them
is that size) and they have held up wonderfully and privide a lot of grip
in the rain, snow and dry.    If all season isn't as important, I have
also had good luck with the Yokohama A-509s (again, different size-
205/60-13).  I had them on my Scirocco before I changed to larger rims.
Despite not being all season, I really didn't have much trouble in the
snow with them.  My dad's Miata has them now.  When I did finally change
to larger rims, I kept the Yoko's as an extra set of tires for
autocrossing and such.  While running on them at a driver's school, my
instructor swore I was running on R compound tires.  The technology in
them is probably a bit dated, but they worked nicely, and are fairly
inexpensive.

Hope this helps.
B.

'82 Scirocco (aka "Fritz")