Re: 8V's as opposed to 16V's

<x-charset iso-8859-1>>The 16v engine was introduced in mid 85 for the A2 chasis.  I had a
>friend who had an mid 85 Jetta GLI with the 16 v engine, no fuba and no
>tear drops.  He had bought it new.  The 16v was not introduced to the
>Scirocco until mid 86.

Not sure of you are talking about a Jetta in Europe, but the Scirocco was
the first introduced with the 16V, although GTI's and Jetta's got them later
that year.  No 1985 car had a 16V engine from the factory in 1985 in the
United States.  Unless of course you are looking at a build date tag which
is in the second half of the year (8/1985).  That would be a 1986 car.

David Barwick
Black '88 Scirocco
Anthracite '84 GLI
Eugene, OR