From: Benjamin Harder [mailto:vwtype53@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 1999 2:16 PM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: I need a cat!

My 81 Scirocco is in need of a good catylitic converter.  I went to the
shop today to have my fuel mixture adjusted in order to get emisions in
spec for the local Ohio E-check (a wonderful red tape scam).  Anyhow, the
mechanic said that cat is bad.  Do these things just wear out or what?

Can anyone help...I don't want to have to pay big $$ for a new one.
Should I just buy a new one?  Or does anyone have a descent used one?

TIA

=====