Re: New 'rocco owner with questions

Yeah, that tranny drop out of 5th happens to me too, my mechanic said
it was just a loose shifter bushing, so I changed 'em all, I have a
really tight shifter now, and it happens less, but it still happens,
either this is a built in design to get you not to accelerate to hard
in 5th or it's a warn out whatever in the tranny.  As for the cam shaft
and K & N, 10hp max. K&N really doesn't do anything, just longer time
to clean and keeps airflow better, no noticable hp.  And as for the
guages, I believe the 3 guage center panel bit comes out of the audi
coupe, just remove the ash tray, (cut it out) and insert this.  Yeah,
HTH, if not sorry.

--- Nathan Mellom <bronson@inwave.com> wrote:
> Hey all.  Just bought an '84, and I have a few questions.
> First of all, whilst heading down the highway in 5th at 80, the
> tranny
> decided to drop out of 5th and into neutral (therefore over-revving
> the
> engine).  I shifted back to 5th, and a while later it happened again.
> No warning, nada.  5th to neutral.  Any ideas on how to adjust the
> shifter so it stays in gear?
> Second, the car I bought (silver '84, 5 speed) is mostly stock except
> for the K &N  and a 268 degree Autotech cam.  What kind of increase
> in
> hp and torque am I getting with the bigger cam?  And, does anyone
> know
> of a source for an adjustable cam gear?
> Lastly (for now, anyways), I am a BIG fan of guages,  and my 'rocco
> doesn't have nearly enough.  Any ideas on how to get more guages into
> my
> dash?  I would be more than happy to remove the ashtray if need be.
> Last thing (for real!!).  I have a friend who is a huge Volvo freak,
> and
> he's been dealing with IPD for a long time (lots and lots of Volvo
> parts
> mailorder).  Does anyone know of a similar place to get VW parts
> (besides Neuspeed, of course).

=====
Scottish
'87 Black Roc