Re: 8V's as opposed to 16V's

In a message dated 10/27/99 11:21:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
thescirocco@juno.com writes:

<< Actually, the 16V Scirocco was introduced as an '86 1/2 and it came with
 a 160MPH speedo.

Mine only came with a 140 speedo.  This would make sense though because
nothing seem to be right with my rocco.  All the books in the autoparts
stores say that I should have 18 inch wiperblades when the size that I have
are 16 inch.  They never show an 86 16v model in any of the books. So
whenever I need parts I always say it's an 87, it seems to work out better
that way.  But in actuality it was manufactured 6/86 # 1009 to be exact.

Brian 86 16v
http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html