85 scirocco suspension questions

I recently bought a 77k 8v stock scirocco. It was a "floater" when I got
it, and I want to firm up the suspension, and drop the ride height an
inch. What is the consensus of the group as the best way to do this? I
am think H&R springs, with bilstein shocks/struts. I also want to
replace the suspension bushings, and add some upper and lower stress
bars. Does anyone think the stock sway bars are worth keeping, if I
convert the rest to after market? I am also going to replace the strut
bearings, and replace the axles at the same time. Anything else I should
think of/do? Also any recommendations on who I should acquire the parts?

TIA == chad

ps= does anyone have a dual outlet exhaust manifold laying around, or
know of a good cheap source?