Re: HELP-Lightweight flywheel installed cant shift into gear!

<x-flowed>>tHE shop thats working on my car said that when they put the lightweight fly
>wheel in that the car wouldnt shift into gear when the car was off but would
>when the car was on.  What the hell is going on here?
>
>MatT

I think it would be kind to say that your mechanic guys aren't too
swift in the ways of the VW transmission and shift linkage.  Having a
lightweight flywheel, or come to think of it, not even having one
at all doesn't affect the shift linkages at all.  The clutch actuation
is a different story however.  Anyway, when the transaxle is R&R'd
the relationship of the unit to the shift mechanism changes and the
linkage needs to be readjusted as per Bentley procedure.  Believe it
or not, I find a cassette tape to be the perfect spacer for the
adjustment process...you'll know when you need it.

later!

==Brett