getting grim off paint (engine bay)

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Hey all, I was out in the alley tonight power washing the hell out of my now
vacant engine bay.  Power washer + soap worked ok, and then I tried a little
citrus engine degreaser, which worked well, but I didn't want to ruin the
paint with this stuff.  anybody have any ideas on a product I can use that
is paint safe, and well get rid of all the layers of crap on my paint?  I'm
thinking it may just come down to water, stiff brush, and some serious elbow
grease.

oh, and how the hell do you spell grease?  this has been bothering me for a
while now :)

Owen
87 Scirocco 16v #38 CD-SS.
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1571