Re: copper head gasket for 16V?

In a message dated 10/22/1999 8:03:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time, roog@home.com
writes:

> >    if not, is there a strong gasket available that can cope with high
>  >compression and a heavy foot?  thanks again
>  >
>  >jason
>  >the mad bastard

Way back Tim H. @ ND sold me a "Cut Ring" head gasket.  This is a gasket
where the cylindrical ring around the block/head junction is a machined ring
of steel, the rings have a taper to it which "bites" into the head and block
when the head is torqued down.  This forms a continuous solid seal all
around.  It was a beautiful design.  I had to return it due to my block
having a different oil return port.  Don't know if this type of gasket is
still available.  Call your favorite parts source.
GL.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner