Re: Fwd: cruise control

<x-charset ISO-8859-1>** Reply to note from Michael Barry - Pooka Stew <mbarry@pookastew.com> Fri, 22 Oct 1999 09:41:46 -0500

  Yes, I have factory cruise control on my 96 Jetta GLS.

  I had a Sears cruise control (manufactured by Dana) installed on my
Scirocco years ago. It uses magnets on the transmission's final drive
shaft and a pickup coil to regulate the speed.

  It is connected to the vacuum circuit, and has a switch connected to
the brake and clutch pedals to determine when to get out of the way.

 It worked fine for about 8 years, then one day one of the magnets fell,
and I had some unrelated vacuum problems, so I never bothered to fix
it.

  I may yet restore it some day.

> I would also be VERY interested in putting cruise in my 8v; is it
> possible? How does cruise work with a stick shift? Never seen that.
>
> We drive from Boston to NH on weekends and take the van just for
> the  cruise. Would rather take the roc!

        Jean-Claude
        ICQ: 47403427