Re: Am I nuts?

In a message dated 10/22/99 4:19:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
WCressman@csi.com writes:

<< I totted up the bills this year and I've dropped $2g in maintenance/repairs
 into the 'rocco.  And that's not at dealer prices, that's finding special
 deals and doing some work myself.  Am I nuts?  At what point do you say that
 this life support deal for old 'roccos is too much?
 Yours in pain,
 Wayne C. >>
Yes you're nuts.  So are the rest of us.  I'd WAY rather be spending that to
have such a great car than paying MORE for insurance, car payment, and having
less of a great time driving it.  Don't get me wrong..... I make a car
payment for a car with 50k miles so that I'm always covered plus it can tow
the scirocco.  Its just that an 11-24? year old car is NOT going to be pain
free.  I've had this scirocco for over 9 years now and I know I've spent
between $500 and $2000 each year since the day I bought it for $7000 and I've
done ALL of my own work for the past 5 years.  Does that bother me?  nope.  I
had a brief moment at 110mph on the way to work this morning & smiled all day.
Dan May
8716VScirocco
95Pathfinder
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87